If you believe you have cause to make a genuine complaint regarding any service or advice you have received from us, then we want to hear from you. It helps us understand what you are concerned about and how you feel we could put matters right.
We have robust complaints handling procedures and which follows the requirements of the Codes of Practice for Investment Businesses, (September 2016) as set out by The Jersey Financial Services Commission and the subsequent guidelines published by The Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman
Who to Contact
Any complaint should be raised in writing, either hard copy or email and addressed to:
The Compliance Officer
The Mortgage Shop and Henley Financial
31 Broad Street
Jersey JE2 3RR
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or by telephone to: 01534 789830
?We will not make a charge to investigate your complaint.
Once you have contacted us, we will:
- Write to you within five business days, to acknowledge your complaint
- Carry out a full review of your compliant, the file and transaction(s) to which it relates
- Provide you with a full response within eight weeks of you first raising your concerns with us
- Update you on our progress after eight weeks, if no decision has been reached at that point
- Explain the options open to you if you remain dissatisfied, or if we have not responded fully within 12 weeks.
- When we write to you with our final response, we will also explain your right to take your complaint to the Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman (CIFO). We will provide you with their contact details and will provide you with information about your complaint. There are however certain constraints on the period of time this option is open to complainants. All of this information will be contained in our letter, or can be viewed by visiting the Ombudsman’s website: www.ci-fo.org
Complaints for other firms – who may be associated with us or the transaction
Sometimes a complaint is really for another firm. In this case, we will refer it to the relevant firm. We will also write to you to let you know we have done this and provide you with the other firm’s contact details.
Treating Customers Fairly
We pride ourselves in the quality of our advice and our levels of service. Our complaints handling procedure is committed to ensuring that our clients are treated fairly when they do have cause to raise a complaint in respect of any services or advice that we have provided. We record, evaluate and analyse our complaints to help us improve the level of service to all of our customers.
What to do if you are still unhappy
If we have sent you a response and you remain unhappy, please let us know as soon as possible. If you have additional relevant information we will be happy to review your complaint further. There is a further option that may be available to you:
The Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman (CI-FO)
You may have the right to ask the CI-FO to further investigate your complaint. This must be done after you have first tried to resolve it directly with us. The contact details of the CI-FO, together with the time scale for contacting them will be provided.
The CI-FO website provides a comprehensive guide to its complaints handling procedure and can be viewed at the following address: www.ci-fo.org
Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman
PO Box 114
Jersey, Channel Islands
Tel: +44 (0)1534 748610
Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC)
In the event that your complaint relates to a transaction prior to 1 January 2010, or your complaint is of a regulatory concern, you have the option to contact the local Regulator. The JFSC website also provides a guide to their complaints handling procedure and can be viewed at the following address: www.jerseyfsc.org
PO Box 267
14-18 Castle Street
Telephone: +44 (0)1534 822000